Sunday, March 30, 2014

What's your spirit animal....

HA!  You see those quizzes all the time on Facebook.  I came up with my own spirit animal.....Hermit Crab.  I have definitely become a Hermit Crab this winter.  Crusty, cold, grumpy, pale....carrying around my own shell and crawling into it most of the time.


I think part of it has been the extended winter we've had this year and the other part is stress at work. I come home and I don't want to talk to anyone or do anything.  I signed up for a Zentangle drawing class just to get myself out of the house one night a week.  I enjoy doing it and it is very relaxing.  


I did manage to test out some of new shape templates I made.  Making adjustments here and there to get the size and shape just right. 







This last piece is made from a cork that I carved. 
I want to play with the patina a bit more.  Get the recessed areas a bit blacker.  Well...back into my shell for the rest of the day. 

1 comment:

Kathy R. said...

Gail, those designs are lovely! What material did you use?
BTW, I love hermit crabs; they are thrifty and resourceful and where ever they happen to be is home!