Friday, August 16, 2013

Deadlines....

Since August 1st my life has been ruled by deadlines.  Cris and I had our Bead and Button submissions due on the 9th.  BTW...we submitted 6 great workshops and classes. 

At the same time at work I was preparing our 2014 budgets...also due on the 9th.  I had to project spending across 70+ accounts with 100 employees for a total of ~$7 million.  In the middle of this one of the scientists decide they wanted to submit a DOD grant....right away.  No amount of talking could persuade a delay in the submission.  Then we were told we had to do a space vs. revenue survey... for that we got an extra week..LOL.  So I've ended up working for about 16 days straight.  At home, on the weekends, I was crunching numbers to get everything done on time.

In the middle of it all I made an emergency trip to the eye doctor to check on some flashes I was having in my eye.  The retina looks OK but we are going to follow it for a few weeks. 

And now...I am done with all the deadlines.  I am doing nothing that looks like business for the next few days.  I'm not looking at work e-mails.  I'm not going to think about work again until Monday morning. 

I'm getting a haircut tonight and having dinner with Lou...and I'm spending the rest of the weekend in my studio with the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door.  I might even take a nap.


No comments: